Dash clock losing the correct time

Vectrix EV Interest Group
memecode
Groupie

Dash clock losing the correct time

Post by memecode » Mon, 16 Sep 2019, 08:14

So my clock is losing the current time overnight. Is there a watch battery somewhere that needs to be replaced?

The manual doesn't mention anything about it.

antiscab

Re: Dash clock losing the correct time

Post by antiscab » Mon, 16 Sep 2019, 09:42

nope, no watch batteries anywhere

I forget whether the clock is implemented in the dash itself (ICMR), or in the ICM.

swapping them out would be the way to go, though to swap the dash itself is a fair bit of work
Matt
2017 Renault zoe - 25'000km
2007 vectrix - 156'000km
1998 prius - needs Batt
1999 Prius - needs batt
2000 prius - has 200 x headway 38120 cells

memecode
Groupie

Post by memecode » Tue, 17 Sep 2019, 10:24

I'm interested in what other solutions to range estimation are. Maybe whatever I go with for that would also be able to display a functional clock. I'm not really keen on swapping out parts. But adding bits on seems a safer route. I'm assuming the range estimation on EVs is driven primarily by the voltage of the pack? Maybe with a non-linear mapping to get a final number for the rider. But otherwise don't know much yet.

For background I do some hardware electronics myself, but mostly a software engineer. I have dreams of a small water proofed android based device giving me maps, economy / range info and blue tooth messages + clock. I could probably pull all that together from a software perspective assuming I can get the right inputs from the battery pack and/or controller.

antiscab

Post by antiscab » Tue, 17 Sep 2019, 10:48

Assuming the original charger is working,
load the dugas firmware: http://dugasengineering-com.3dcartstore ... _56-1.html
you will need a peak systems can bus cable (it's the only one that has the right drivers and onboard hardware)

The range estimation is based on Ah count from full, a pre-programmed battery capacity and what your wh/km has been for the last few km.
the dugas firmware is the only free version where the range estimation and fuel guage actually work properly.

Mik did some work decoding the CAN messaging around 10 years ago - it's documented on visforvoltage
Matt
2017 Renault zoe - 25'000km
2007 vectrix - 156'000km
1998 prius - needs Batt
1999 Prius - needs batt
2000 prius - has 200 x headway 38120 cells

memecode
Groupie

Post by memecode » Thu, 17 Oct 2019, 05:03

So I noticed that the clock switches to a timer when I charge the bike. The problem is that is doesn't switch back to the clock when the charging is done. The timer becomes the current time.

Is this the right cable to get for flashing the firmware? Is it Cable 1 or Cable 2?