Malm, 2011 i-MiEV, Portugal

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
acmotor

Post by acmotor »

Sorry... My imiev gets hot in Perth. Can't do much about it in summer.
I do avoid parking in sun over hot bitumen but if it is 45deg and I need to charge at 3.3kW to get home then I do most hot days in summer.
Agreed temperature increases degradation but generally I can't do much about it.
My imiev is about half the age of Malm's with nearly as many km. Still 100km range. Time not km is perhaps the biggest factor ?

Kurt, you forgot to add in the servicing costs of the ICE. This could be another $2 per 100km.
Country fuel is still $1.69/L too.

The other factor I happily admit is that there is no way I would drive around in a fuel efficient little buzz box car. The only reason I downsized to the little I was that it is pure electric. !! I would otherwise be driving a 10L/100k + tank. That changes the comparison.

All that aside, I can charge off my WT and PV and can say to all the environmentalists " so, do you drive a pure electric vehicle ?, no ? Well don't preach climate change to me, I recon I am waaaay ahead of you "

iMiEV MY12     110,230km in pure Electric and loving it !

offgridQLD

Post by offgridQLD »

I would say $80 should get you 5lt of a good synthetic oil and a filter on a little car every 10,000km so about $0.80 pr 100km. I'm not going to quote the silly non DIY servicing costs as the same could be said for the Imiev if you payed to have it maintained.

Don't get me wrong I'm not going back to ICE for my regular transport ever for most likely all the same reasons and some. I just like to say things as they are and do a realistic comparison rather than jack it up in favor of the EV.

If you have off grid PV just the independence is worth it alone not to mention you wold need a 2lt/100km or less car to even come close to it.

As for the temperature I think you need to take the weighted average over the year (unless you do something extreme and some how cook it at 65C) then the weighted average temp is what matters.

So if you compensated your 12hrs at elevated temps with 12hrs of artificially cooled temps then the negative effect would be similar to a medium temp day.

Kurt

Last edited by offgridQLD on Wed, 19 Aug 2015, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.

Malm
Groupie
AIM: Est. da Lameira, Ed. Choupal, Bl. A , 2º D

Post by Malm »

Johny wrote: Image

Me68 found that cell 23 is not where I suppose it was (when switching the defective cell). In the drawing, 23 was found in the place of 62. So, the drawing is wrong. Is is possible that switching both squares of 40 cells, then all became correct, maybe.
I-MiEV owner from Portugal - 81000 km

Malm
Groupie
AIM: Est. da Lameira, Ed. Choupal, Bl. A , 2º D

Post by Malm »

My i-MiEV is charging 549 Wh between 55% to 60%. It is staying like this in the past year. I believe it can go to 0,0% SoC, if it was necessary. So keeping it's maximum range steady in the last year.
Last edited by Malm on Sun, 06 Sep 2015, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
I-MiEV owner from Portugal - 81000 km