50Ah cells - Bulk Buy

IF YOU ARE NOT A FINANCIAL MEMBER OR YOU HAVE LESS THAN 30 POSTS AND YOU POST ANYTHING FOR SALE, IT WILL BE DELETED.
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
gmacd33
Groupie

50Ah cells - Bulk Buy

Post by gmacd33 » Mon, 17 Apr 2017, 18:16

Hi all

After several months of evaluating dozens of Chinese battery suppliers, and testing samples from several of them, I've now chosen a battery supplier from which to source 50Ah 3.2V LiFePO4 battery cells for my business.

I will be purchasing at least a pallet of them at the end of this week, and would like to invite anyone needing batteries to join me as a bulk purchase to reduce shipping costs etc for us all.

These are brand new 50Ah, 3.2V, LFP cells; 4 can be used in series to make 12V batteries of 50Ah, 100Ah, 200Ah etc, as well as 24V and 48V packs - these will be our prime use for them in the business. Of course they can also be used for electric vehicles of much higher voltages.

The cells will cost $69 incl GST each, and will require payment in full up front. I will then order the cells, to be shipped here by sea freight. The cells can then be collected from our Warehouse in Eight Mile Plains on the south side of Brisbane. Alternatively they can be sent via road freight anywhere in Australia – expenses for this will be passed on at cost price.

We would also be happy to sell such battery cells to anyone after we have received them in our warehouse; however the price would then be higher.

We have done extensive background checks on the supplier via third parties, to ensure the supplier's legitimacy and history. We also use independent quality testing agents in China to verify the quality of the battery cells before they are shipped.

I'm also pleased to say that I've been working with Dave Keenan and Mike Emmerik to adapt the Lytefyba BMS system to be suitable for these cells, and also assist with production of the LyteFyba BMS. Therefore we can offer a proven and compatible BMS solution to go with the cells.

I will be at the upcoming AEVA meeting this Wednesday evening with one of the cells so you can see what it looks like, and to answer any questions. Alternatively please feel free to call or email me as below.

Photos and datasheet to follow in a separate post…

Regards
Greg MacDonald
Last edited by gmacd33 on Mon, 28 Oct 2019, 12:11, edited 2 times in total.

gmacd33
Groupie

50Ah cells - Bulk Buy

Post by gmacd33 » Mon, 17 Apr 2017, 18:27

Pics and datasheet for the battery cells:

50Ah_Cell_Datasheet.pdf

[ Edited Coulomb: fixed second image ]
Last edited by coulomb on Mon, 17 Apr 2017, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
Greg MacDonald
Chief Technical Officer
Lithium Battery Systems

gmacd33
Groupie

50Ah cells - Bulk Buy

Post by gmacd33 » Tue, 18 Apr 2017, 17:09

This is a close-up of the vent hole in-between the terminals:

This is what is behind, with the white card stripped away:

Greg MacDonald
Chief Technical Officer
Lithium Battery Systems