12 months rule/Blade Mk5 for sale: SOLD

IF YOU ARE NOT A FINANCIAL MEMBER OR YOU HAVE LESS THAN 30 POSTS AND YOU POST ANYTHING FOR SALE, IT WILL BE DELETED.
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
Bryce
Groupie

Post by Bryce »

Hi all - am having a garage clean up and decided to apply the '12 months rule'. (If a project does not receive significant attention in 12 months, its not going to happen). So time for it to go!.

For Sale:
2011, Mk5 Blade Electron, complete or as parts.
Reason for sale: since acquiring a Leaf, have simply never been inspired to finish repairing it since it broke down. Time to pass it on.

The good:
Vehicle overall is in immaculate condition.
Is the last of the mark 5’s, so most of the bugs were sorted out (except for having an AZD controller).
J1772 charging

The bad:
Flakey controller. Cuts out at random moments after running for a while.

The repair options:
Replace controller with MESDEA TIM 600 or Tritium Wavesculptor (i.e. same battery voltage)
Replace controller with Soliton or Curtis: (Both require battery pack reconfiguration to lower the voltage)
For those with electronic skills: diagnose and repair the AZD controller. (Good luck!!!)

Sale options:
As is: $7000 firm. (I can use the batteries for a coming PV project – they are worth that to me).
Without battery pack: Open to offers around $2000.

NB: Also have a laptop running WinXp, CCShell and the correct CCS file for the vehicle, as well as a data cable to connect to the controller. (This took a long time to source/get working!!!!). Can assist with setting up your computer if you really wanted to go down the path of working with the AZD controller. (Strenuously recommend not doing so. That way lies madness!)

Any questions – just PM me.
Last edited by Bryce on Tue, 25 Oct 2016, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
AEVA Vic Branch Secretary
AEVA national newsletter editor
Current EV drives: Kona electric, 2001 Berlingo conversion
Selling: 2011 Leaf
Past drive: 2011 Blade Getz
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter

jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Whats the motor on those things? Siemens induction motor I presume? How heavy? Power?
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.

Bryce
Groupie

Post by Bryce »

Motor is Azure Dynamic AC24LS 3 phase induction motor. Will upload the specs when I get home - am a bit hazy on the details: have a slightly flu-addled brain at present!

chris
Groupie

Post by chris »

I had a similar problem with mine cutting out at random times. After the third controller did not cure the problem. Ross came out and we found that some of the battery hold down nuts were missing. This allowed movement which fractured the battery interconnect between the two rows of batteries at the front of the car. With hind sight usually it cut out when going downhill, as the front wheels came down from a speedhump or after the fracture got warm after about 15 minutes standing still. Two lugs and some striped flexible cable and the car has been good since. Might be worth checking.

Bryce
Groupie

Post by Bryce »

Hi all - car now sold - and happy to say purchaser is having it repaired by slotting in a matching motor/controller.
Happy - to get the garage space back but
Sad - to see it go as it still drives very nicely, but at least pleased to see it being put back on the road where it belongs.
Many thanks to all the other enquirers - will let those on the potential parting out list know that the car went in one piece.
Cheers
Bryce