Armidale branch?

Introductions, general chit chat and off-topic banter.
RobW
Noobie

Armidale branch?

Post by RobW » Mon, 04 Apr 2016, 03:45

Hi there. I am a recently retired engineer in Uralla 20km from Armidale NSW. I think that some years ago there was an Armidale branch of AEVA, but I now find no trace of it. Is my memory correct? Is there still such a branch. a loose group of like-minded people, or any clues?

I am about to embark on my first retirement project to convert an ancient quad bike to EV for travelling around the acres, and would welcome any local contacts.

thanks

Rob

poprock
Groupie

Armidale branch?

Post by poprock » Mon, 04 Apr 2016, 15:19

Hi, I recently purchased a Suzuki carry shell which was electric but had been stripped out, from Kevin Hughes at Kentucky.He also had a complete converted Daihatsu Charade for sale, which I would have liked but it was out of my price range.. He has an electrical and solar business,but is not into the electric vehicles at the moment. His company mobile 0403504050.

RobW
Noobie

Armidale branch?

Post by RobW » Mon, 04 Apr 2016, 16:34

Thanks for that. I will give him a call and have a chat.
Rob

jonescg

Armidale branch?

Post by jonescg » Tue, 05 Apr 2016, 16:41

Hi guys,
Just so you know, the AEVA recently moved at the AGM that branches are state based but individual sub-branches may pop up wherever the numbers and inclination permits. So an Armidale (or New England) AEVA is not only welcome, it's encouraged! You would all still be members of the NSW branch, and would have access to state branch funds to run events and the like. So long as you're financial members of the Association it's all good!

I plan on setting an Albany sub-branch up soon - lots of interest in this corner of the country too.
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.