Top ten EV links c/o hypermiling, incl EVCapri

Introductions, general chit chat and off-topic banter.
juk
Groupie

Post by juk » Wed, 03 Jun 2009, 02:48

http://ecomodder.com/blog/top-10-links- ... nversions/

For a while now I’ve been mulling over a blog post featuring top online resources about EV conversions: sites that educate, facilitate and inspire.

I already had a short list of what I wanted to point to, but instead of wracking my brain to flesh it out, through chance I found myself mulling over nearly the same list I had in mind over at Nikki Bloomfield’s blog, aminorjourney.com. (Nikki has plenty of EV experience: she owned and upgraded a City El, and has modified her Toyota Prius to plug-in operation.)

You will of course arrive at link #7 of Nikki’s list and may think, perhaps cynically, “well of course EcoModder would like this list. It’s ON it!” (We’re recommended specifically for info about efficient driving techniques and aeromods.)

While it is generally true that flattery will get you everywhere, you’ll just have to believe me when I say finding EcoModder there was nothing more than an unexpected bonus (though entirely deserved, it can be argued).

Head on over to aminorjourney’s Ten Top DIY EV conversion links and read Nikki’s reasoning behind each of her selections:

www.evalbum.com
The EVDL
www.KiwiEV.com
DIYElectriccar.com
EVconvert.com
EVCapri.com
Ecomodder.com
EVparts.com
Project Forkenswift
WhiteZombie, Blue meanie and Plasmaboy
What do you think? Are there any must-see or must-read conversion resources that are missing? Let us know in the comments.

Taffy
Groupie

Post by Taffy » Wed, 03 Jun 2009, 14:32

In the fossil fuel sections there is a number of electric car topics.

Including forken swift
Open source DC controller (Pauls), Charger, DC-DC convertor threads.

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed, 03 Jun 2009, 20:05

Taffy wrote: In the fossil fuel sections there is a number of electric car topics.

You mean the Fossil Fuel Free section. Image
That list is good, another that comes to mind is the battery vehicle society
Yeah ecomodder is good for the well documented "beer budget" Forkenswift and others.