Move over Tesla

News, Press Release, Insider info & EV Promotion Related
Mark T
Groupie

Move over Tesla

Post by Mark T »

You can keep your Tesla, check out the Electric Lightning sportscar.

juk
Groupie

Move over Tesla

Post by juk »

Actually, you can keep both of your teslas, since they're about half the price.

They've also announced a new lotus 2+2:
http://www.lotusevora.com/

Thalass

Move over Tesla

Post by Thalass »

I dunno about half the price - 120,000 quid is nearly AU$300,000 - whereas the tesla is about AU$110,000ish.

But man is that one good looking car! It reminds me a bit of the old Jaguars. Though I'm not sure about the rear window, there. Other than that, very nice!

This new battery is interesting, too. If it's as energy dense as LiFePO4, but can charge rapidly, then I'd be very interested in it! Most (if not all) petrol stations will have 3phase power on site, so the infrastructure is there already for longer multi-charge trips.

Last edited by Thalass on Thu, 24 Jul 2008, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
I'll drive an electric vehicle one day.

acmotor

Move over Tesla

Post by acmotor »

I don't know about you but I have no intention of visiting a petrol station for anything other than a bottle of milk !

Agreed re the old "road cat". I think they designed it from a set of road hugging tyres up.

Re fast charge. It is never fast enough so I am happy with slow charge !
iMiEV MY12     110,230km in pure Electric and loving it !

Thalass

Move over Tesla

Post by Thalass »

Personally, if I had a choice between fast charge or range extending genset, I'd probably choose the genset - mostly because I'd then be completely independent of the roadhouses and such - I plan on going off road with my EV, and there won't be a power point for miles!

But for a general user (and from the point of view of a petrol station owner) having a fast charge station on the side of the road is a good alternative. And a station owner need not buy their power from the big oil companies or anything like that. BP (yuk) already put solar panels on their roofs, so it's not a huge leap for others to generate their own power (or buy it from the big power stations). Brands like Peak and Gull will probably benifit from this as other franchisees switch away from the oil companies (who will probably ban EV charging or something stupid like that).

Unfortunately a 1000km range EV is quite a ways off. And if people could take their commuter EV on long trips with a few charges along the way, I don't see how that's a bad thing. :p

I'll drive an electric vehicle one day.