Hydrogen car - Ten News

News, Press Release, Insider info & EV Promotion Related
Thalass

Hydrogen car - Ten News

Post by Thalass »

There was a thing on the midday news on Ch10 just now. It was about an english invention that converts water into hydrogen and oxygen using electricity. You plug it in to your car, and overnight it will fill the tank in your car up with hydrogen. But it will only give you enough range to go 25 or so miles...

And there I was, screaming at the telly, "Why the hell would you bother? just use the electriity to charge up batteries! ARGH!"

It's just so stupid!

*edited the italic bit up there. I got it mucked up. :p
Last edited by Thalass on Thu, 10 Jul 2008, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
I'll drive an electric vehicle one day.

Taffy
Groupie

Hydrogen car - Ten News

Post by Taffy »

Lol, having a hydrogen powered car sounds so much more high tech and interesting to the public then just recharging batteries like your mobile phone.

Besides everyone who is currently making off oil loves it as it wont be available for a long time to come as an alternative. And by then they will be selling hydrogen and making more money $$.

Anyone feel like setting up an electric car company and offering to race a hydrogen car across the country with the current infrastructure.

Thalass

Hydrogen car - Ten News

Post by Thalass »

The way they were describing this setup, the bowser would be installed in your garage and would fill up your tank overnight, almost exactly like an EV recharging overnight. So really the water company and electricity company would benifit, but not that much.

Heh, I would love to have an EV right now so I could do that. But it would take forever, if I'm limited in my budget and can only afford 60km worth of batteries! :P

I'll drive an electric vehicle one day.