The Aptera is back

News, Press Release, Insider info & EV Promotion Related
Richo

Re: The Aptera is back

Post by Richo » Fri, 18 Oct 2019, 12:30

Damn - Gonna have to change my name now :oops:
I blame my parents :lol:

What gets me its that the Aptera was a dead product.
But someone had enough passion to bring it back :?:

I''m not too sure if upgrading to the lastest lithium batteries and putting a panel is going to stop it dying again.
Giving the metaphorical dead horse a wash and new saddle wont make it go any better :roll:

Well I guess it falls in line with out re# of everything rather than something new.
Seriously how many Rambo and terminator movies do we really need.
So the short answer is NO but the long answer is YES.
Help prevent road rage - get outta my way!

T1 Terry

Re: The Aptera is back

Post by T1 Terry » Fri, 18 Oct 2019, 12:46

If you put enough paint and spin on a dead horse it will finally get up and run for a while. Look at the flow batteries from there first proper entry into the market back in 1980 - 86 by Maria Skyllas-Kazacos at the University of NSW. It had a rebirth in the late 90's and again around 2009 and the latest is the Redflow battery that we got to look at during the AGM week in Adelaide. It has a wonderful new outer cover and coupled with a few Victron inverters modified to drain the battery completely every 4 days I think it is to strip the metal build up off the plates. Basically it is the same as the unit back in 1986 with all the down sides, but now it's been reinvented it looks like it will get off the ground this time.
I guess it really depends if the market is tuned to accept or even crave for the product, that way they only see the good and not the down side.

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn