RMIT SAE EV

Where hooligans go to get AMPED
Taffy
Groupie

RMIT SAE EV

Post by Taffy » Mon, 07 Dec 2009, 14:51

Hey All,

Just letting you all know that the RMIT SAE EV demo car will again be running again this year at the Australian SAE championships (Melbourne, Victoria University testing ground in Werribee. Sat 12th and Sun 13th).
Cant give times of the runs yet sadly as we are dependent on availability of the track being a demo car and when the TV crews are there and ready.

They are currently doing some last minute fault finding but they are confident that car will be back to 100% as it was at the end of last years event.

I will most likely be driving it again if i can sort out a couple of other problems with getting an in date suit and helmet.

Cheers,
Taffy

zeva
MSN: sigmunky@hotmail.com

RMIT SAE EV

Post by zeva » Sat, 19 Dec 2009, 19:10

Hey Taffy,

We're currently in the process of building an electric SAE car at UWA here in Perth as well, I'll be heading up a team of undergrads in 2010 building it. If RMIT is amenable I'd love to get a few pics or video clips of the RMIT one to inspire the students who'll be working on our car next year! (I'm sure others on this forum would be interested to see pics of it too, if you were able to post some here)
Ian Hooper
--
"Never doubt that the work of a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world." - Margaret Mead
http://www.zeva.com.au

Taffy
Groupie

RMIT SAE EV

Post by Taffy » Mon, 21 Dec 2009, 14:51

Hey Ian,

I will send you a PM with the faculity advisor (i graduated last year) who looks after the SAE (petrol and EV team) at RMIT. I am sure he would be happy to talk, the 2nd gen of this car which is currently in construction is planned to head to the Germany for the 2010 SAE-EV event there. The 1st Gen is not a SAE compliant car anymore as it was based around a 2004 chassis, the car was set up to be in the spirit of the hybrid rules which is all we had to follow but some things were not possible.

There is a build blog of the car with some pics on in the build diaries from last year. With a couple of youtube videos of the car. The guys got a few more videos etc of the car this year, i will see if i can get some of them.

Will be interested to see how UWA go about construction (without giving too much away) there car. As RMIT and UWA are fairly competative in the SAE petrol comps.

Cheers,
Taffy

edit: Link to build blog: viewtopic.php?t=718
Last edited by Taffy on Mon, 21 Dec 2009, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.