Northern Beaches EV

For New South Wales Members of the AEVA
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
Gibbo110
Noobie

Northern Beaches EV

Post by Gibbo110 »

Anyone interested in pooling resources on a project somewhere in or around the Northern Beaches?

Cheers.
Interested in collaborating on an EV performance end car conversion (EV entry in Targa Tasmania?) with 3 or 4 others - ideal workshop would be in Mona Vale area NSW.

Catavolt
Groupie

Northern Beaches EV

Post by Catavolt »

you should talk to Lez at Thunderbolt EV
He has been building a car for that purpose.

a4x4kiwi

Northern Beaches EV

Post by a4x4kiwi »

Hi Greg, Welcome.

There are 3 of us on the northern beaches. Me & Kearon with completed cars and Amnon's is a work in progress.

A few of us are showing our cars on Saturday night at a fund-raiser at Collaroy Plateau. You would be welcome to attend.

See http://www.gracecitychurch.net/Groups/1 ... otors.aspx

We also meet at the Terry Hills Tavern every other 2nd Tuesday of the month (opposite month to the AEVA meting) Next one is in Sept.

Perhaps you could explain a little more what did you mean by pooling resources. Cheers,
Mal.
Silicon is just sand with attitude.

Blog: http://malfunction.faed.name

Gibbo110
Noobie

Northern Beaches EV

Post by Gibbo110 »

Thanks for the tip Jon, I'll put in a call. Cheers.
Interested in collaborating on an EV performance end car conversion (EV entry in Targa Tasmania?) with 3 or 4 others - ideal workshop would be in Mona Vale area NSW.

Gibbo110
Noobie

Northern Beaches EV

Post by Gibbo110 »

Hi Mal, thanks for the welcome. You guys have certainly got some impressive runs on the board. I'll try to make it along on Saturday night, but more likely it will be Terry Hills 2nd week of September.

I was thinking along the lines of forming a group/team to jointly develop an events type car, ideally with the aim of showcasing the latest EV AC technology (a 'performance' vehicle) suitable for say selected stages/events of the Targa Tasmania and other bitumen rally/bash type events.

I gather the Targa organisers have shown interest in this type of entry, with the associated media coverage.

In terms of pooling resources I was thinking that the group might jointly own the project and each contribute a base financial amount ($10-$15,000?) and expertise. Aim would be to have the majority of EV hardware and eventing costs contributed by sponsors - based on appropriate signage on the vehicle and an active media placement/coverage program managed by the group.

Ideally the group would be based in a commercial workshop that was also developing EV business and would benefit from the exposure.

I suppose some of this is based on the premise that professional EV conversion will continue to develop as an industry and won't be crowded out by factory EV's in the next few years. Or if this does happen, that there will still be demand for conversion of classic performance cars.

Cheers.

a4x4kiwi

Northern Beaches EV

Post by a4x4kiwi »

Thanks for expanding on your ideas. Take a look at my current design ideas (last post) and see if they are along the lines of what you are thinking.

viewtopic.php?keywords=impreza&p=24185&t=1911#p24185

Jaron and Mark are playing with some ideas so they might respond as well.
Silicon is just sand with attitude.

Blog: http://malfunction.faed.name

Gibbo110
Noobie

Northern Beaches EV

Post by Gibbo110 »

A RWD Impreza looks like a great idea. I had similar thoughts based on a light AWD - WRX or EVO Lancer, but you've obviously covered the ground on the efficiencies of the AWD drivetrain.