Soapbox on regenerative braking

Technical discussion on converting internal combustion to electric
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb » Fri, 08 Feb 2013, 13:40

unheardofinstruments wrote: I wonder if it could be as simple as driving 3 coils in a four coil motor and using one to charge.
Sorry, that sounds like over-unity rubbish.

Sorry, I'm getting a strong snakeoil feeling from just skimming it. Negative energy better for batteries? Blah.

Proceed with extreme caution and scepticism.

[ Edit: misplaced slosh ]
Last edited by coulomb on Fri, 08 Feb 2013, 02:41, edited 1 time in total.
Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
1.4 kW solar with 1.2 kW Latronics inverter and FIT.
160 W solar, 2.5 kWh 24 V battery for lights.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.

Johny

Post by Johny » Fri, 08 Feb 2013, 14:27

coulomb wrote:Sorry, I'm getting a strong snakeoil feeling from just skimming it. Negative energy better for batteries? Blah.
Yep! Bedini again!
Doesn't the path to thiat thread give it away?
David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Hidden Science / Advanced Technology / Top Secret

unheardofinstruments
Groupie

Post by unheardofinstruments » Sat, 09 Feb 2013, 17:59

second law of thermodynamics begins with `in a closed system...' the bit everyone forgets about. There is no such thing as a closed system, it is at best a special case. Over unity only means there is an energy input from a source not accounted for in the experiment.
for instance the Adam's motor was tested by Stanford university and produced `over unity' and a patent was granted for it, it worked. It turns out the two identical motors they made were distinguishable only by the difference in the mass of heavy isotope of iron in the magnets in the one that wasn't used compared to the one they ran for 2000 hours during testing, no explanation beyond that was found. Science is full of these special cases that don't fit the theory, which embarrassingly point to the accepted theory being incomplete.
I suggest Konstantin Meyl `scalar waves- from an extended vortex and field theory to a technical, biological and historical use of longitudinal waves.' ISBN 3-9802542-4-0 as a cracking book to start on to get yourself up to speed, it is a mind blower just reading the chapter titles. I have nearly finished it so you can borrow it next Coulomb. The stuff we learned in uni was a very small part of what we knew even then. I have at times been mad about that, why don't we use Vedic maths for instance, why did Blaxland and Lawson really take so long to find a way across the blue mountains?
The Keshe Foundation is affiliated with Meyl in a disclosure of military/advanced technology to save the planet, well worth a look. These guys are top scientists not cracked ex footballers or coincidence theorists. Meyl has replicated all of Teslas experiments and from his site you can buy a kit to send and receive scalar waves as Tesla did with his famous remote controlled boat experiment sooooo long ago. I have personally seen a magnetic motor in action some 16 years ago and can't deny what I experienced or explain it with any theory until I came across these vortexes and Maxwells fifth equation with Meyl's extension so I can't be too sceptical lest the sound of bolting doors echoes from my ears and I cease to learn.
It's exciting stuff, I suggest you try Bedini's experiment, it is very easy to replicate, see for your self, `leave the explaining to the boffins' I say and use what we see works. It has worked well for electricity so far, when it gets down to it we know if and when and that this happens when a current meets a resistor but very little about why
and most of that only recently..more in heaven and earth than is dreamed of in philosophy... the best questions lead to millions more questions and only a few more answers but precious specks of understanding. Image
Last edited by unheardofinstruments on Sat, 09 Feb 2013, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.

Johny

Post by Johny » Tue, 12 Feb 2013, 18:17

Yeah, anyway to crawl back on topic a little bit...

When I was first toying with the idea to convert my car and was looking for a suitable not-too-expensive AC controller, I was concerned that the one I bought didn't have any facility for a "brake resistor". The brake resistor is somewhere to dissapate regenerative braking energy when the battery pack is already fully charged. Discussions on the forum had generally concluded that it would only be necessary for the first kilometer or so but was probably a helpful thing to have. I did some preliminary designs for a brake resistor controller and even skunged four 100 Ohm 200W resistors to have on the ready but I didn't go ahead with it figuring that it could wait until the car was going.

Well now I find that a brake resistor isn't necessary - at least it mostly isn't.

Out of the ten or so times now that I have driven the fully charged car down our driveway and slowed to a stop at the end on regen. braking I haven't had any issues at all. (My controller will cut regen. torque if any sub-pack reports an overcharge condition - so I'd know about it cause I woudn't stop!)

When I said "mostly isn't (necessary)" I mean for anyone that doesn't drive out there driveway and straight down a large hill. Even then, they could figure how much to under-charge the car and do away with the whole brake resistor thingy.

So - if it helps anyone - don't bother thinking about brake resistors.