Length --170mm   
Waight - 17kg   
Cooling - Fan or Liquid    Image
Price from $386 7.5kw to $500 for 10kw
Model: HPC300A/HPC500A -- Brushless Motor Controller
Voltage Range:24V/36V/48V/72V
Rated Power (Max):300A/500A
Weight:3.3Kgs/4.2kgs
Features: Fuse breaker, Regen Braking, Temperature sensoring, Nano-second high current sampling
Price from 300A $385    500A $466
Image ]
Last edited by Who42 on Thu, 24 Mar 2011, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

scotto
Noobie

10KW BLDC FROM GOLDEN MOTOR Model HPM-10kw

Post by scotto » Sat, 26 Mar 2011, 00:49

Price from $386 7.5kw to $500 for 10kw
I think that price is for the controller - I can't seem to find prices on the motor itself?

Still, 2 x controllers @ $500 each + 2 x 10kW motors would make a pretty nice 20kW dual-motor setup with peak up to 40kW if needed!

scotto
Noobie

Post by scotto » Mon, 28 Mar 2011, 18:14

OK so I got a reply from Golden Motor regarding prices:
It is possible to connect two motors in series.

The price for samples is USD535 each.

The price for bulk order (MOQ 100 pcs) is USD390 each
So two of these in series for 20kw continuous/40kW peak seems like a pretty good deal!

aegidius
Groupie

Post by aegidius » Sun, 15 May 2011, 03:40

Alternatives:
Mars ME0913 double-sided BLDC (or 1003 brushed for the same power/weight)
ENRAX
Agni
Better with sinewave controller than switched BLDC, I don't know what Golden's controller is like.
Giles.

Richo

Post by Richo » Tue, 17 May 2011, 20:46

scotto wrote: OK so I got a reply from Golden Motor regarding prices:
It is possible to connect two motors in series.

The price for samples is USD535 each.

The price for bulk order (MOQ 100 pcs) is USD390 each
So two of these in series for 20kw continuous/40kW peak seems like a pretty good deal!

You mean mechanically in series.

40kW is about as low as the smallest lightest car goes.
So the short answer is NO but the long answer is YES.
Help prevent road rage - get outta my way!

ukcolin
Noobie

Post by ukcolin » Sun, 12 Jun 2011, 02:54

Hi,
Have just joined your forum as not as much interest in EV's in the UK and it seams to be a global thing anyway.
I took particular interest in this posting as I have been trying to deal with golden Motor for several months.

I purchased their 5kw brushless 3 phase motor and 500amp controller to convert a lightweight buggy over 2 months ago. The first controller did not turn the motor and after several weeks and 4 different drawings from Golden Motor, burnt out the mother board and one of the power/phase boards.
They sent another which I had to pay for, no warranty,and that one while turning the motor cut out the contactor and when stopped and would not re-energise I have since found this must be voltage overload protection built into the controller As when the volts dropped below 49.7 volts the problem has gone The second controller was second hand from their motor testing rig but I was made to pay full price.

They do not offer any technical backup and do not understand how the controller operates and at first how it should be wired Also no software or cables for a PC
I now know why The controller is made by Kuron a completly seperate company who where able to answer some of my tech questions. I must add that the performance, or lack of, figures they give or hold back do not hold water. The 500amp controller is peak current They will not give the continious rating I beleive it is about 150 amps on my 48 volt setup. Most importantly it is bearly big enough for their 5kw motor and they do not have, or no where to obtain a controller for there new 10kw motor. Korun will not sell me software and cables unless I buy the controller from them
I am in contact with Kelly who have a suitable one for the Golden Motor 10kw version I have no choice as to buy it now as it is the only way to get some money back for the dud controller
One other thing their motors appear to be copied from Mars motors they also seem to be using the same firmware on their controller motherboards the performance graph for there 10kw motor is almost the same as one onr the Mars motors on Kellys site
Hope some of this is useful to anyone contenplating buying brushless PM from China

Colin R,
UK

ukcolin
Noobie

Post by ukcolin » Sun, 12 Jun 2011, 02:58

Forgot to say Golden Motors 10kw motor is over $1000 including delivery to the UK The motor price (72v) is now on their website.

Who42
Groupie

Post by Who42 » Sun, 12 Jun 2011, 04:32

If you look carfully you will see pdf and wiring solutions at Golden Motors web site for the HPC300A/HPC500A -- Brushless Motor Controller

Also the switches shown above for power On/Off and Reverse are momentary contact types, but to operate correctly they should be a latching on/off type of switch (toggle, rocker or key switch etc.) for both of those functions.

Wiring Diagram (with contator)
http://www.goldenmotor.com/HPM%20Wiring ... tactor.jpg
Wiring Diagram (without contator)
http://www.goldenmotor.com/HPM%20Wiring ... tactor.jpg
300A Controller Dimensions
http://www.goldenmotor.com/Dimensions-300A.jpg
500A Controller Dimensions
http://www.goldenmotor.com/Dimensions-500A.jpg

Model: HPC300A/HPC500A -- Brushless Motor Controller
Voltage Range:24V/36V/48V/72V
Current (Max):300A/500A
Current (continuous)100A/150A with Heat sink & Fans 150A/250A
Weight:2.2Kgs/2.7kgs
Features: Fuse breaker, Regen Braking, Temperature sensoring, Nano-second high current sampling
Wiring Diagram (with contator)
Wiring Diagram (without contator)
300A Controller Dimensions
500A Controller Dimensions

Last edited by Who42 on Sat, 11 Jun 2011, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

ukcolin
Noobie

Post by ukcolin » Sun, 12 Jun 2011, 11:14

The wiring diagram on the golden Motor web site is for the version II 300 and 500amp controllers It is different from the original controllers
Some of the pin possitions have been changed
The problem was they where sending out version II (rev2 motherboard)
when the old wiring diagram was still on the site To compound the problem no wiring diagram or any instructions was sent out with the controller I ordered. Then they emailed me the version one, then a completly different wiring diagram, then the one without contact connections and finally posted the version II on the website

As I mentioned before there is no software/ firmware or cables available and only found out from Korun that these exist and not available unless I ordered a 3rd controller

This really is no way to do business and gain customers.
I still don't know who manufactures the motor as Golden Motor have little info on it
Example I asked for details like no. of hall sensors 3 at 120d or 6 at 60 degrees no answers yet Wanted to make sure Kelly controller was compatable although their brushless PM 3 phase ones seem to be fully programable
Still not sure how the regen works I take it for the 12v brake connection I can use the vehicle foot pedal switch to rear brake lights and the 5v brake to ground is for use only with hand lever on a motor bike etc. Golden motor told me they dont use the 12v brake conection but not able to tell me if I am correct or not

Did have a spark of genious from Korun though. When the main contactor was cutting out when fully depressed they told me the controller will only take a maximum of 4.8v signal for the hall sensor I was getting up to 4.9vand when the pedal wasfully depressed also goes to ground via 3rd black cable to pedal.
If I sound a bit thick, its because I have never used a 3 phase DC motor before so all new territory and finding out as I go along

Any ideas welcome
Also hope to have an electric buggy on my website sometime this year you can see the petrol ones at www.hitechsupplies.co.uk
Sorry to far to drive down to Australia

UKcolin

a4x4kiwi

Post by a4x4kiwi » Sun, 12 Jun 2011, 22:50

All the best with the build Colin.

A couple of things you may have already tried.
Golden motor has a form kind of hidden here http://www.goldenmotor.com/SMF/
Maybe others also have some experience.

Contact Gary at http://www.goldenmotor.ca/. He may be able to provide some advice or contacts to other users. He was very helpful when I bought my ebike kit from him.

Mal.
Silicon is just sand with attitude.

Blog: http://malfunction.faed.name

ukcolin
Noobie

Post by ukcolin » Mon, 13 Jun 2011, 01:42

Hi Mal,

Thanks for info, I have a posting on goldenmotor.com forum If you look far enough you may spot it, unless they have had it removed I was hoping for some technical input from them as they answer posts but alas no luck.
Through their forum I did pick on a contact, Tom from Golden Motor and contacted him via email After a few emails that did not lead to anything asked Oscar their sales Guy for a land line no./skype for Tom as no response.Tom only has a mobile Their comunication really is crap

Looked at goldenmotor Canada, thanks for that, the forum link takes you back to goldenmotor.com The main topics on the golden motor site is obviously to do with bikes and the Magpie system of low power hub motors and controllers This seems to be their bread and butter and I feel they have tried to expand into higher powered dc motors without any research or knowledge The again I should not assume the motor is bought in like the controller Although it is strange they have such a small knowledge base

I have found out more info from Guys like you on forums than from the supplier of my ev parts. Although if Kellys quick response is anything to go by maybe I will have better luck May have to trade cost saving for reliability and technical backup/ warranty

ukcolin
Noobie

Post by ukcolin » Mon, 13 Jun 2011, 02:00

If anyone is interested I will post my buggy project in the My Machine section soon
I choose this vehicle not only because I import them to the UK in petrol form but because of the power to weight ratio, The windscreen and hood fitted as standard so can be used all year round and the large amount of space in the engine bay Which after remodelling from my 48 volt version will take 6 * 100amp deep dicharge 12v batteries plus motor, transmission, controller, charger etc Also suspension is strong enough if rear rack is not overloaded And lastly its a lot of fun to drive in petrol form so should make a good EV
By the way if anyone is interested in buying the original buggy to import to Austalia I can supply details of the Chinese manufacturer to private email. Unlike Golden Motor they do have a good backup and have replaced a couple of damaged parts in transit free of charge

MPaulHolmes
Noobie

Post by MPaulHolmes » Sun, 04 Dec 2011, 05:43

A company in Turkey was telling me that whenever they buy motor controllers from Golden Motor, Golden Motor sends fewer than what was ordered, and they take a very long time to ship.
hi!

ukcolin
Noobie

Post by ukcolin » Sun, 04 Dec 2011, 11:14

Hi
Had been trailing the Golden motor 10kw air cooled motor for over a month but it was getting very hot. Have never overloaded it maximum 150 amps or so, then it packed up, lost one of its phases started making horrible buzzing noise with no power would only run with driving wheels off the ground.
Contacted Golden motor and they agreed i could take apart without affecting warranty. No visible signs of failure but smelled a bit burnt, also noticed poor build quality hall wires trapped between case and windings all offset to one side Gap on opposite side could get finger down.

Explained to Golden motor that there is insufficient cooling only small fan in rear casing and not directed to side fins. No ventilation at all in casing totally sealed.

As i have mentioned before I believe this is a copy of the Mars ME109 10kw motor (previously Ekta).They even use the Mars performance charts. The Mars motor however is well vented being open at the front

I have now bought a Mars motor, by the way now cheaper than the Golden Motor one and available off the shelf from Kelly controls They also have a very good response time and ability to answer any technical questions you throw at them. The Golden motor 10kw motor is made to order and takes forever and a day to manufacture and deliver. Have also bought a 700 amp BLDC controller from Kelly as this is the one they recommend to go with the Mars motor.

Another reason I think the Golden motor is copy of the mars one, both have the same swopped over phase wires to match the Kelly controller.

Would be happy to here from anyone else who has experience of kelly controllers as I cannot fault them so far.

Will keep you posted when we have trailed Mars motor in the gazelle buggy project. Presently running on Golden motor replacement

Colin

TruckguyS211
Noobie

Post by TruckguyS211 » Fri, 10 Feb 2017, 13:58

I am looking for a motor and inverter for use with a hydraulic pump application, so I ordered on spec the so called 10kw motor from Golden Motor and their 96V 500A inverter to suit. I have quickly realised the Golden Motor people are almost totally clueless, as they seem to have no understanding of really basic questions (What is CAN??? - are you kidding?). Also no tech data, and I am guessing no real support. So I am interested when UKcolin mentioned that Kuron actually make the controllers? They don't seem to appear by Google, but I was wondering if you can share contact details.

So I am concluding that as an ongoing prospect Golden Motor is probably not a wise choice, as these things actually need to work (funny concept eh?), and not just for 10 minutes. Maybe the motors are ok, but I need to look further for inverters?

Thanks in advance!