2017 National AEVA AGM & Expo - Devonport
Devonport - site of the major National AEVA event of 2017
Devonport is a beautiful small city in the north of Tasmania, just 10km drive* from Melbourne CBD.
The traffic is light, the roads are fun to drive and bordered by rolling green paddocks with mountain views. Tasmania's electricity is from almost 100% renewable sources - your car will thank you for it! We are planning many activities to entice people to fly or drive from all over Australia. Bring your EV and make this a once in a lifetime holiday!
The 2017 event will run from Thursday the 9th to Sunday the 12th of November and will include:
- Preparing for the EV Era - a two-day conference with trade display in Devonport on Thursday and Friday designed to appeal to a wide audience of AEVA members and also many others: government decision makers, utilities, fleet owners, potential hosts for charging stations, equipment vendors and the general public.
- The Great Australian Electric Vehicle Show - Australia's biggest assembly of EVs so far! A public display of EVs from around Australia on the Devonport waterfront and presentation in adjacent theatre for the general public. Saturday the 11th of November.
- AEVA member meetings including National Council (Thursday afternoon/evening), Members' workshop (Friday afternoon/evening) and formal AGM (Saturday PM).
- The Cradle Mountain Charge - a rally for EVs from around Australia departing Devonport to Cradle Mountain, to be professionally filmed and broadcast nationally, with a post-rally wrap up social evening for those wishing to stay. Sunday the 12th of November.
- A custom self-drive touring program for EVs visiting Tasmania catering for different duration and budgets and tailored to each EV's range will be developed ensuring suitable overnight and en route charging (advance booking discounts likely).
We have pre-booked accommodation in Devonport and Cradle Mountain, and berths on the Spirit of Tasmania ferry to offer attendees at a discount price. Our pre-booked accommodation will be a choice of self-contained cabin (accommodating EV charging) or motel - or you can make your own arrangements. Bookings and registrations will be through our dedicated website http://evfest.aeva.asn.au/.
Write the dates in your diary, watch this space for further information and we hope to see you there!
*come on - you knew I meant via the ferry!