2016 National AEVA AGM / EV Expo - Adelaide
This year it's Adelaide's turn to host the AGM / EV Festival
Friday October 21, Saturday October 22 & Sunday October 23, 2016
Friday, October 21, 2016
1) Conference: "Powering The Future - Transport and energy solutions for a greener, cleaner & healthier future."
Held at The IVC, 19 Young St. Adelaide
Registrations: 8:30am, Conference 9am - 4pm.
A light lunch was supplied.
Tea and coffee at each break.
- 0830 Registration
- 0900 - MC (Rocco Zito) bringing everyone to order
- Welcome by AEVA President: Edward Booth
- 0910 - Opening Speaker: Peter Nattrass. Sustainability Advisor, Adelaide City Council
- 0930 - Professor Hubertus P A Jersmann MBBS, MD, PhD, FRACP
"Why EV users are heroes”
- 1000 - Andrew Boardman - Chief Executive Officer KI Council
"Making Electric Vehicles relevant in Australia today"
- 1030 to 1040 - Question time for previous two speakers.
- 1040 to 1100 - Morning tea
- 1100 - Craig Norris - National PHEV Sales Manager, Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited.
"The Future is Electric - The past, present & the future of Electric Vehicles"
- 1130 - James Kennedy - Engineering Director - Tritium
"EVs, Charging Infrastructure, and their impact on the grid"
- 1200 to 1210 - Question time for previous two speakers.
- 1210 to 1300 - Lunch.
- 1300 - Dr Peter Pudney - Associate Research Professor - UniSA
- 1330 - Dr Chris Jones - AEVA National Vice President
"How to build a really, really fast electric superbike"
- 1400 to 1410 - Question time for previous two speakers.
- 1410 to 1430 - Afternoon tea
- 1430 - John Lindsay - Managing Director - Lindsay Strategic Advisory
"Redflow: a flow battery revolution"
- 1500 - Damien Brown - Chief Commercial Officer - Transit Australia Group
"Electric Rapid Transport Systems (ERT)"
- 1530 to 1540 - Question time for previous two speakers.
- 1540 - Rocco Zito (MC) - Closing remarks
2) AEVA Council Meeting
To be held in "The Joinery", 111 Franklin St, Adelaide (Old Bus Station)
4:30 - 6:30pm
Saturday, October 22, 2016
1) (a) 9:00am - AEVA Member Workshop opened by the AEVA National President.
9am start at "The Joinery", 111 Franklin St, Adelaide.
(b) 10:45am - Morning Tea - Supplied by AEVA
(c) 11:15am - Leave the Joinery for a short walk to visit a local electric vehicle mobility centre.
This is run by an inspiring Urban Planner and EV Entrepreneur who has had the commitment to turn his vision into reality,
in the city of Adelaide. If you get lost, it's at 178 Wright Street, Adelaide
(d) 12:30pm - Lunch - it's up to you, but The Joinery cafe has lots of nice food available.
Also you may want to try the Adelaide Central Market Food Court and China Town shops off Gouger and Grote Sts
(e) 1:30pm - Back at The Joinery for a tour and explanation of the Redflow battery and solar installation
by Colin Lord from Sustainable Works.
(f) 2:30pm - AEVA 2016 National AGM - all members are welcome to attend.
(g) ?:??pm - Afternoon Tea and free time - Explore Adelaide.
(h) 5:45pm - Dinner at the Hotel Metropolitan, cnr Grote & Pitt St, Adelaide - 5:45pm to 8:30pm
We have booked the "Back Room" (ask at the counter) hotelmetro.com.au/
The Backroom seats up to 40 people.
Please be seated at 5:45pm ready for our special Guest Speaker at 6pm.
Note: Meal pre-orders will be taken during the Friday Conference and the Saturday Workshop
Sunday, October 23, 2016
"Plug-in Expo" to be held in Adelaide's Elder Park on the River Torrens. 9am to 3pm
Entry to this event is free.
Some members have found reasonably priced accommodation at Ambassadors Hotel,
107 King William St. Room enquiries PH:(08) 8231 4331 Bookings from website: www.ambhotel.com.au/accommodation/
Rooms are small and basic but clean and tidy. 1, 2 or 3 people per room (Various combos)
for AEVA (SA) Branch Committee.